We first saw the Duchess wear the pretty necklace in January 2021. She’s worn it on seven occasions (in public) since:
- During a virtual meeting with nurses on 19 Jan 2021
- During a video chat to mark Holocaust Memorial Day on 27 Jan 2021
- For a video chat with nursing students on 9 Feb 2021
- While launching her Centre for Early Childhood in June 2021
- To watch the England Euro 2020 final in July 2021
- During a rugby training session at Twickenham in February 2022.
- To visit PACT (Parents and Children Together) and MumSpace in February 2022.
- To visit Manchester in May 2022
Fans have speculated that the piece could be a birthday gift, perhaps from William or another family member. Kate’s 39th birthday was in early January 2021, so the timing does make sense.
About the necklace:
Astley Clarke say this pretty necklace is a “celebration of vibrancy”. It features a hand-cut and hand-polished multifaceted blue lapis lazuli gemstone pendant hung from an adjustable demi-fine chain made from 18ct yellow gold vermeil. The chain is finished with a gold nugget detail and one of Astley Clarke’s signature star tags.
Where to buy the necklace:
If you’d like to buy Kate’s gold and blue necklace, you’re in luck! Astley Clarke still stock this piece. You can buy it from their website: astleyclarke.com. RRP £160 / $220.
The Stilla Collection:
Astley Clarke’s Stilla Collection features spherical motifs that reference “natural droplet formations”. In addition to Kate’s necklace, you’ll find rings, earrings and bracelets.
If you like Kate’s necklace but not keen on blue, you’ll be pleased to know Lapis lazuli isn’t the only gemstone on offer. Choose from other semi-precious beauties including black onyx, green malachite, aqua-blue amazonite and silver labradorite.
Stilla is defined by contemporary forms and beautiful semi-precious gemstones, designed in stackable silhouettes. Updated and refreshed with the new Stilla Arc collection, these precious pieces offer fluidity, movement and a relaxed statement for everyday wear. Interspersed with vibrant gemstones, sapphires and droplet motifs, Stilla’s softened structures make a bold statement.Astley Clarke