About the site:
- An 11-year-old site covers every aspect of Kate Middleton’s style!
- Started life as a hobby blog in 2011, shortly after the Royal Wedding. I was capitvated by Royal Wedding fever and interested in both Kate and her sister Pippa (and particularly their style)
- In 2014, I started to archive items of Kate’s clothing in the wardrobe section to make life easier for myself when writing (to look up how much an item cost, or when she first wore it, for example). This became pretty popular with people wanting to learn more about Kate’s clothing.
- I am planning to expand the site soon in a bid to provide more style inspiration for Duchess fans!
- To my knowledge, this site has been included in TWO books on Kate’s style to date: Prince William and Duchess Kate By Jennifer MacKay (2015) and Kate Middleton: La vie de Catherine, Duchesse de Cambridge by Bertrand Meyer-Stabley (2018).
- There’s over 100,000 fans on our Facebook page who love Kate & her style!
The title of this one may not be unique, but we’ll hand it to Kate Middleton Style Blog: it has focus. Most of the posts are formulated in the same way: a summary of the event Kate attended, brief description of her outfit, then links to where and how the readers can create her look for themselves.Fashionista.com
katemiddletonstyle.org — also known as the go-to website for any of Kate’s looks.Yahoo, MSN & SheKnows
… ever-so-helpful and amazing site Kate Middleton Style …SheKnows
- My name is Carly, I am British and live in England.
- I have a Masters Degree in Media and Communication. I used to love setting up websites and blogging. So, I set this site up as a hobby to entertain myself during my course. Coincidentally, I took modules on website creation and wrote a dissertation about building online communities. I’ve been blogging for around 20-years now in total.
- I love fashion, handbags, tiaras and the royals (of course!)
- I am a mother to a toddler (and two dogs)
- I’ve written about Kate for one national newspaper before: an article in the Metro on the topic of Kate’s ‘tourdrobe’ in 2014.
- I sometimes contribute my opinion to news and magazine articles on Kate’s style. See this article in the Daily Mail on Kate’s style, this piece in the Express from the Golden Jubilee and this in the Mirror about Kate’s 40th, for example.