In May 2012, Duchess Kate attended a charity polo match to watch William play. She debuted a pair of Stuart Weitzman Minx espadrille wedges for the first time. Here’s a picture of her wearing the wedges at that event:
Kate wears the Stuart Weitzman Minx Wedges to a polo match
About the Stuart Weitzman Minx wedges:
The ‘Minx’ by Stuart Weitzman are a leather sandal with braided leather strap at the ankle and a cork platform wedge with a 4-inch heel in a ‘camel’ colour. Although these wedges look heavy they are not. They weigh in at a meagre 12 oz.
- Kate’s are camel coloured.
- They’re made from woven leather (upper).
- They feature an adjustable buckle closure.
- The wedges are lined with leather too.
- They have a lightly cushioned footbed.
- There’s a cork platform wedge.
- They’re made with a rubber sole.
- And finally, they are made in Spain.
- Heel Height: 4 inches.
- Weight: 12 oz.
- Platform Height: 1 inch.
Product measurements were taken using size 7.5, width M. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
Where to buy Stuart Weitzman Minx Wedges:
If you’d like to copy Kate’s style, the Stuart Weitzman Minx wedges can be purchased from:
- 6pm.com (USA only)
- Daniel Footwear (British store, offers international delivery)
Buying the Minx wedges in other colours:
Stuart Weitzman released the Minx shoe in a range of colours. Here’s what is currently in stock and where (at the time of writing on 13th July 2016) –
- Ivory at 6pm.com (USA only)
- Black at Bluefly ON SALE (USA only)
- Black at Daniel Footwear (International delivery)
Where Kate wore the wedges:
Kate Middleton & Stuart Weitzman:
The Duchess often wears Stuart Weitzman shoes, we think she purchases them from Russell and Bromley in London. (They appear to be one of the only stockists in the UK and we’ve seen photographs of her shopping in the store!)
We know that she owns Stuart Weitzman’s Corkswoon wedges:
The Zipkin boots:
The “Raz” clutch (which is known as “Muse” in the UK)
And the Power pumps:
Finally, shoe owns the Platswoon court shoes too. I have not yet added those to this site.