Did you love the navy military jacket worn by Kate as she presented medals to the Irish Guards today (Armed Forces day)? We did too. And no, we can’t afford to splash over a grand on an Alexander McQueen coat either….
To console ourselves we’ve found several coats on the high street at all ends of the pricing spectrum to help you get Kate’s look!
1. The first item is a knee-length navy blue military coat made from wool and cashmere, which means for only £99 it is a complete bargain! It used to cost over double that, originally selling for £249! The bib front features double-breasted button design, just like Kate’s! This coat is by british company Windsmoor: Get yours from John Lewis by clicking here.
2. This double breasted trench coat is ideal for the ever-changing British weather, plus will see you right through Autumn until Winter. It’s got epaulets, just like Kate’s coat, plus a belt (which as we know, is great for waist cinching!) Plus, this coat is ON SALE – was £200, now only £140! Click here to buy from House of Fraser.
3. This military coat is from high street brand Whistles – another of Kate’s favourites. This navy double breasted coat features antique brass button, full collar and long sleeves. This coat is currently ON SALE – was £235 now £120. Click here to view.
4. At the cheaper end of the spectrum is this fantastic jacket from Asos. You wouldn’t think you could buy a wool coat for only £35 but the item is currently on sale (was £100). This coat is gorgeous, very stylish and bang on trend. You should buy it now and save it for winter. It is double breasted, has press popper fastenings on the front and a funnel neck. Click here to buy from Asos.
5. Completely at the extreme end of the scale is this coat: a gorgeous number from Burberry (The Daily Mail currently believe Burberry designed Kate’s coat because it is so similar, though we now know it was by McQueen.) This coat has an elegant ladylike shape, features epaulets and has gold buttons adorned on the front. Buy from Burberry at Stylebop.com.