About the Reiss Peacock dress:
The Reiss Peacock dress featured mesh and cording embroidery detailing on the bodice, a wide neckline and a heavily lined, full skirt. In 2011, it retailed for £195 in the UK and $375 in the United States.
Buying Kate’s Reiss dress:
As you can imagine, the Reiss dress was very popular with fans. It sold out very quickly. Today, the only place it can be purchased is eBay.
During an interview with Fashionista magazine in 2011, Company founder, David Reiss confirmed that Kate purchased the Peacock dress in April, two months before she wore the piece.
Kate Middleton wearing Reiss:
Kate has worn several items from Reiss, namely coats and dresses. Here are some of our favourites:
- Kate in the Reiss Rubik houndstooth coat for a visit to the Action On Addiction charity.
- Kate in a blue Reiss dress for a visit to EACH’s Treehouse Hospice.
- Kate wearing the Reiss Shola bandage dress while meeting with the Obamas.
- Kate in the Reiss Nanette dress on Canada Day during the couple’s first official overseas tour. Kate also wore the piece in her official engagement portrait.
- Kate watching the opening ceremony of the Rugby World Cup wearing the Reiss Emilie coat.
Reiss is a British-based contemporary clothing brand and retail chain that’s over 40 years old. The company started out selling menswear but expanded into womenswear in 2000.
In 2011, David Reiss, the founder of the eponymous brand, gave an interview with Fashionista magazine. He said that every time Kate wears their clothing it extends their brand awareness in the United States.
“You can’t put in monetary terms what she’s done for the brand,” he told the magazine at the time.