Kate is wise when it comes to fashion, she always combines practicality with chic style. Her Aquatalia Neptune boots are the epitome of both – they’re fashionable, comfortable, perfect for our unpredictable British weather and can be worn all year round.
Kate first wore these boots on a solo visit to Shooting Star House Childrens’ Hospice in December 2013, where she met children with life-limiting conditions. their families, staff and volunteers on duty.
About the Aquatalia New Dry boots:
These luxury ankle boots are weather resistant, making them perfect for all of those unpredictable British downpours! Made out of black suede, they feature a wedge heel and platform with a fur lining and finished with a buckle trim. These boots look good with jeans or a skirt and can be worn all year round in a stylish mix of luxury and comfortable chic.
Details from Russell & Bromley:
- Sizes 3-6 (UK)
- Black weather resistant suede
- Fur / faux fur* lining and buck trim
- Man made sole and padded footbed
- Wedge measures approximately 9cm
- Platform measures approximately 1.5cm
- Gunmetal hardware and full inside zip
- Made in Italy
- EU Sizing
* Note: Some of the Neptune boots were trimmed with real rabbit fur, some with faux fur. We presume Kate purchased these boots from Russell and Bromley (see more details below), which sold the faux fur version. Though, we cannot confirm this of course.
Here’s a closer look at Kate wearing the ankle boots:
Where to buy Kate’s Aquatalia boots:
We presume Kate purchased her Aquatalia boots from Russell and Bromley where they were renamed “New Dry” (instead of “Neptune”). She has been photographed shopping in the store on a number of occasions in the past, and I believe they’re one of the only retailers selling the brand in the UK.
Sadly, Aquatalia discontinued the Neptune / New Dry style. They’re no longer available to buy.
Shop a similar style:
Want to copy Kate Middleton’s style? Pair these similar Aquatalia boots with jeans and a smart blazer:
They’re the Aquatalia “Natalie” wedge bootie in black leather and suede. They’re trimmed with faux fur and have similar buckle detailing. Currently on offer at Saks Off 5th for $239.99 (over price off the price!) Click here to shop.